The Rocky Point Restaurant team strives to exceed the expectations of every guest by providing an outstanding experience, every time. Rocky Point Restaurant is committed to maintaining a workplace that recognizes and promotes your personal development and achievement. We appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the workplace by providing the best training, competitive wages and benefits, safe and enjoyable working conditions, recognition for your efforts and personal contributions, and, above all, fairness and respect.
Office Assistant -
The Office Assistant at the iconic Rocky Point Restaurant on the coast reports to the CFO and handles a wide range of office tasks with accuracy and competence. The restaurant and working environment is fast paced with high energy and involves a variety of work assignments so that no two days are ever the same. You will be working in a successful restaurant in beautiful surroundings with the other restaurant staff who are a close knit team, and the environment is energizing and gorgeous. This is an excellent position for someone with outstanding office experience who loves food and the restaurant industry or would like to learn, and there are opportunities for the future.
• Reports to the CFO.
• Maintain and organize office calendar of maintenance, service appointments and special events. Managing maintenance services and repair services.
• Administrative support as needed - processing of invoices and tracking of deliveries received in spreadsheet, staff training coordination - employee bulletins, employee profile folders, and training records.
• Answering office phones and distributing messages accordingly.
• Maintaining a tidy office space; keep administrative files organized and maintaining all duties that involve keeping the office clean.
• Managing office supplies ??" order and replenishment - includes micros system supplies.
• Managing all IT coordination with external Support team - micros and IT specialist.
• Data entry work as needed - creating and printing of menus, maintenance of staff profiles in micros and tracking their information in the office (employee schedule of availabilities, and identify when employees have earned additional positions), printing employee bulletins, running micros reports, entering invoice and inventory information
• Other responsibilities as needed.
• Previous experience in the restaurant, food and hospitality industry highly desired.
• At least 1-2 years general office experience.
• Experienced with Windows computer, Word/Excel/Gmail.
• Micros point of sale (POS) software and TracRite software experience preferred. If no experience with these software tools, must be able to receive training and pick up quickly.
• Be a self-starter, able to follow-through with tasks and communicate well with CFO. Take tasking directly from CFO.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, communication skills
• Detail oriented and ability to multitask and handle numerous requests simultaneously.
• Typical work week is Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. If hired, training week schedule shall be Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm or less as appropriate during training.
• Compensation will be based on an hourly rate, with overtime payments made as per law.
If Office Manager, handle Office Assistant Tasks and
• Reports to CFO and Director of Operations
• Trustworthy and able to handle cash.
• Able to open restaurant - bar cash drawer, check weather, check number of reservations and special events, contact manager if staff schedules should change due to weather and expected business levels.
• Help coordinate communication between departments (i.e. event coordinator and kitchen for food needs, etc.)
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement upon approval by CFO
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Other Responsibilities as needed.