Part Time, with Superior Benefits Package! We're looking for staff to provide assistance to individuals with intellectual disabilities in a group home in South Windsor, CT. Evening and weekend shift hours!
Job Details - Residential Counselor - 2nd shift
Direct Support Professional - Group Home Program Worker - Part Time
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled individuals living in a community residence or attending a community program
- Position Location: Group Home in South Windsor, CT
- One Part Time position available, see hours below.
- Provides training, assistance and choices to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
- Provides transportation for residents using agency vehicle, pre-employment criminal background and driver license check are required.
Competency Requirements - Residential Counselor
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers
- Ability to become State of CT certified to administer medications, and maintain that certification throughout employment.
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with elderly persons and individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- SATURDAY 3P-8:30P
- SUNDAY 3P-8:30P
- WEDNESDAY 2P-8:30P
- THURSDAY 2P-8:30P
- FRIDAY 2:30P-8:30P
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
- Affordable Health Insurance Plan
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- $12.75/hr to start
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs