Work where you make a difference! We're looking for staff to provide assistance to individuals in their own home, or in their family home. Positions in Enfield, CT. Evening, weekend hours.
Job Details - In-Home Support Assistants
Direct Support Professional - Home Care Program Worker
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled individuals living in their own home, or in the family home.
- Position Location: Enfield, CT area
- Provides training, assistance and choices to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
- Provides transportation for residents using agency vehicle or mileage is paid for using your own vehicle.
- Monday 3:30 pm to 8 pm
- Tuesday 5 pm to 8 pm
- Wednesday 3:30 pm to 8 pm AND 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Thursday 5 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age and clean driving record required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
- $12.75/hr to start
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA Home Health Aide helpful.
This is a non-management position
This is a per diem position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs