Make a difference by working for Allied! We're looking for staff to provide assistance to individuals with intellectual disabilities in a living in beautiful group homes in Enfield and East Windsor, CT. 2nd shift hours. These are Full Time positions with a Great Time Off Benefits Package including options for Health, Dental and Vision Insurance. Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
Job Details - Residential Counselor
Direct Support Professional - Group Home Program Worker - Full Time
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver is responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled individuals living in a community residence
- Two Positions Open in Group Homes in East Windsor and Enfield, CT
- Provides training, assistance and choices to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
- Provides transportation for residents using an agency vehicle
Competency Requirements - Residential Counselor
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers
- Ability to become State of CT certified to administer medications, and maintain that certification throughout employment
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
5 day work week; weekends 1st shift; several weekdays 2nd shift.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Successful experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
- Affordable Health Insurance Plan
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- $13.00/hr to start
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs