Full time position performing landscaping, plumbing, electrical and general maintenance work for multiple Enfield, CT area sites. Repairs equipment (vehicles, lawn equipment, snowblowers). Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.
JOB DETAILS - Property Maintenance Technician
- Full time position, Enfield, CT
- Performs minor plumbing repairs such as clogged drains
- Performs minor electrical maintenance such as replacement of lighting fixtures, wall receptacles and fuses/breakers
- Assists with minor repair to furnaces, water heaters, gas stoves, and the cleaning of furnace filters
- Operates miscellaneous hand tools (electrical and manual)
- Repairs and replaces doors, windowsills, door locks, cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Installs window shades and screens
- Repairs and installs ranges, refrigerators, water heaters and furnaces
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs trash collection duties
- Cleans and prepares vacant properties for occupancy in a timely manner
- Paints properties as assigned
- Cleans floors using professional equipment
- Removes snow and applies ice melt to properties as assigned
- Performs general landscaping and lawn maintenance work. Cuts grass and trims weeds, using professional grade lawn mower and weed trimmer. Digs flower beds and plants flowers, using common gardening tools.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines by prioritizing correctly.
- High school diploma; pre-employment criminal background and driver license checks are required.
- Demonstrates a high level of efficiency in the completion of daily tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers and the community with a high level of respect, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple-priorities.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
Apply via our online application, below. Thanks for your interest in Allied Community Services, Inc.
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs