A driving job you can really enjoy! Immediate part time driving positions open, transporting adults with disabilities from their homes to our Day Program in Enfield CT, and then home again at the end of the program day. A Connecticut PSL or Massachusetts Driver's License are required.
JOB DETAILS - Shuttle Driver
Immediate part time positions open at Allied Rehabilitation Centers of Enfield, CT. In this position, you will provide transportation to our Day Program for adults with disabilities. Early morning, mid afternoon and early evening hours are available.
- The driver transports passengers courteously, responsibly and safely in accordance with agency policy
- Perform safety and vehicle checks; record inspections; report accidents, incidents, and vehicle condition to the supervisor.
- Documents ridership details according to state requirements
- Part time. Morning afternoon and evening hours in 2-3 hour blocks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated safe driving skills in all kinds of weather conditions
- Maintains accurate documentation records meeting state requirements.
- Exhibits professionalism interacting with our consumers/customers who are persons with varying disabilities
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - Driver
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age and clean driving record required.
- History of reliable work habits.
- Connecticut Public Service License or MA Driver License required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical and behavioral helpful.
- Part time. $14.75/hour.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a per diem position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs