JOB DETAILS - Volunteer Coordinator - Direct Support Professional
- Great opportunity available to join our growing, and highly regarded organization, obtaining human services experience while making a difference in the lives of others
- Part time: 17.5 hours weekly
- You'll work to encourage adults with disabilities to actively pursue recreation and sports programs in the Enfield area.
- You'll assist with the recruitment of volunteers to teaching community accessibility skills, health and safety skills
- Flexible day and early evening hours .
- We all work as part of a team to provide support to individuals with disabilities
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is highly desired
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and their families
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with elderly persons and individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
Direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, developmental disabilities
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs