Give something back by working for a non-profit serving adults with disabilities! Allied Community Services, Inc. of Enfield, CT has a rare opening for a full time Registered Nurse - RN. You'll contribute to a life of an individual with disabilities living in the community by coordinating their health care.
JOB DETAILS - Registered Nurse - RN
- Full time position, 40 hours per week. Flexible hours/schedule.
- On call hours
- The Registered Nurse - RN functions as the healthcare liaison with the individual’s health care provider.
- Ensures licensed and non-licensed staff receive medical orientation in-servicing at program sites.
- Accountable for and reviews the administration of medication of unlicensed personnel
- Assures that medical files, electronic and paper, are current and accurate.
- Assures that health care services comply with state laws/regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- The Registered Nurse - RN documents and reviews Nursing Plans of Care for the individuals, and provides the necessary consultation and instruction and training to staff regarding the individuals health care.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - Registered Nurse - RN
- High school diploma; Current CT Registered Nurse - RN License
- Pre-employment criminal background and driver license checks are required.
- Must be able to travel to various sites using both personal and agency vehicles
- Experience working with adults with Developmental Disabilities in long term care
- Familiarity with Connecticut Department of Developmental Services, Policies, Procedures and Protocols
- Familiarity with online case management systems is preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of efficiency and accuracy in the completion of daily tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers and the community with a high level of respect, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple-priorities.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
Apply via our online application, below. Thanks for your interest in Allied Community Services, Inc.
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs