Assisted Transportation provides specialized transportation operating minivans, full-size vans, and shuttle buses. Our Student division works with school districts to transport students, including students with special needs, to and from school, job sites, and other locations in the community throughout the day. The safety of the students, our drivers, and the general public is our number one priority.
Most drivers start their day around 6:30 AM and finish around 4:30 PM and can average 8-10 hours for a shift. We also have split shifts available, where we transport students to and from school only, with a break in the middle of the day.
Drivers start and end their day at their assigned depot i.e. Olathe, KS or Overland Park, KS. The driver is able to choose their depot location.
Our air conditioned vehicles are equipped with GPS technology, security cameras and communication devices connecting the driver and dispatcher.
Positions available in:
- Olathe, KS
- North and South Overland Park, KS
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence. CDL not required
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record as evidenced on MVR
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Drug Screening
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Physical Exam
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Criminal Background Check
Essential job functions:
- Comply with company operating procedures relating to driver safety and training
- Transport students to and from various appointments and other outings as needed
- Assist students to and from the vehicle
- Assist students in and out of the vehicle
- Safely load, unload, and secure students
- Escort students, if required, to their destination location
- Communicate with Dispatchers regarding location and status as required
- Report any vehicle maintenance issues immediately
- Complete Incident Reports as needed
- Complete a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle
- Complete Daily Driving Logs and other reports as needed
- Maintain vehicle by keeping it clean and fueled
- Comply with company dress code and other policies and procedures
- Observe and comply with traffic regulations
- Perform all job functions in a professional and reliable manner
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time and full-time hours
- Flexible schedules
- No weekends, holidays and major holidays
- Average 3-6 students per vehicle
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- $14 - $16 per hour
- Opportunities for retention and employee referral bonuses
Assisted Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Retirees and Minorities are encouraged to apply.