The Transportation Specialist provides specialized transportation services for students requiring transportation in the Shawnee Mission School District. The primary responsibility of this position is to safely transport students to and from school, work, and other activities.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Minimum of one-year professional driving experience preferred but not required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence with proper class and endorsements.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record as evidenced on MVR.
- Pass a company sponsored DOT Physical Exam, Drug Screen, and TB Test.
- Pass Criminal Background Checks.
- Pass Defensive Driving, CPR and First Aid certification.
Essential job functions:
- Safely transport students to and from school and other outings as required.
- Assist students in and out of the vehicle.
- Load, unload and secure students.
- Escort students, if required, to their destination location.
- Complete Daily Driving Logs, vehicle inspections, and other reports as needed accurately and timely.
- Maintains vehicle by keeping it clean, fueled and report maintenance issues immediately.
- Utilize company provided electronics per company guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Comply with company guidelines and traffic law.
- Perform all job functions in a professional and reliable manner.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Demands of the Job:
- Able to work in all types of conditions i.e., day, darkness, rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Works alone, with, and around others.
- Minimal lifting, walking and stepping up and down into/from a van.
- Hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
- Use hands, fingers, and feet.
- Competent reading and legible writing.
- Analyzing, problem solving, using good judgement and decision-making.
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time and full-time hours
- Flexible schedules
- No weekends, holidays and major holidays
- Average 3-6 students per vehicle
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- $14 - $16 per hour
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for retention and employee referral bonuses
Assisted Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Retirees and Minorities are encouraged to apply.