The School Bus Driver (yellow bus) provides specialized student transportation services. The primary responsibility of this position is to safely transport students to/from home and school (and other activities).
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Minimum of one-year professional driving experience preferred but, not required.
- Hold a valid driver’s license issued by state of legal residence with proper class and endorsements.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record as evidenced on MVR.
- Pass a company sponsored Missouri Bus Driver Physical Exam and FMSCA Drug Screen.
- Pass Criminal Background Checks, which includes fingerprinting.
- Pass Defensive Driving, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Completion of a certified ELDT driver training program (NKC AST is certified to conduct ELDT program)
Essential job functions:
- Safely transport students to/from school and other outings as required.
- Assist students in and out of the vehicle (will not leave driver’s position until at school).
- Load, unload and secure students (only at school).
- Complete Daily Driving paperwork, pre-trip inspections and other reports accurately and timely.
- Maintains vehicle by keeping it clean, fueled and reporting any maintenance issues immediately.
- Utilize company provided electronics per company guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Comply with company guidelines and all applicable traffic laws.
- Perform all job functions in a safe, professional and reliable manner.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Interact professionally, patiently and positively with students.
Demands of the Job:
- Able to work in all types of conditions i.e., daylight, darkness, rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, walking up and down stairs.
- Hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
- Use hands, fingers, and feet.
- Competent reading and legible writing.
- Analyzing, problem solving, using good judgement and decision-making.
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time and full-time hours
- Flexible schedules
- No weekends, holidays and major holidays
- Average 15 students per vehicle
- Bus aide on all routes
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- $18 per hour
- Opportunities for retention and employee referral bonuses
Assisted Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Retirees and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
This is a non-management position