The Transportation Specialist provides non-emergency transportation services for elderly and disabled clients requiring ambulatory, wheelchair, and stretcher transportation. The primary responsibility of this position is to safely transport clients from private residences, nursing homes and hospitals to their appointments.
Class will be determined by qualifications:
- Class A - Transporting ambulatory, wheelchair, and stretcher passengers.
- Class B - Transporting ambulatory and wheelchair passengers.
- Class C - Transporting ambulatory passengers.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Minimum of one-year professional driving experience preferred but not required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence with proper class and endorsements.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record as evidenced on MVR.
- Pass a company sponsored Physical Exam, Physical Duties Assessment, Drug Screen, and TB Test.
- Pass Criminal Background Checks.
- Pass Defensive Driving, CPR and First Aid certification.
Essential job functions:
- Safely transport clients to and from medical appointments and other outings as required.
- Provide door-thru door services.
- Load, unload and secure ambulatory, wheelchair, and stretcher passengers.
- Complete Daily Driving Logs, vehicle inspections, and other reports as needed accurately and timely.
- Maintain vehicle by keeping it clean, fueled and report maintenance issues immediately.
- Utilize company provided electronics per company guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Comply with company guidelines and traffic law.
- Perform all job functions in a professional and reliable manner.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Demands of the Job:
- Able to work in all types of conditions i.e., day, darkness, rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Works alone, with, and around others.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, walking up and down stairs.
- Hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
- Use hands, fingers, and feet.
- Competent reading and legible writing.
- Analyzing, problem solving, using good judgement and decision-making.
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time schedules and flexibility
- Paid training (including CPR and first aid)
- Weekly pay
- Starting at $14 - $16 per hour
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniforms provided
- Operate newer equipment
Assisted Transportation is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a non-management position