The Van Aide assures a safe and orderly ride by assisting students in the Blue Valley School District with loading, unloading, seating, securing assistive devices, and managing safety and behavioral concerns. The Van Aide provides the driver with support as needed, both during routine activities and emergencies.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Pass a company sponsored drug screen and physical exam.
- Pass a company sponsored Criminal Background Checks.
- Pass First Aid and CPR Certification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely load, unload and secure passengers.
- Pushing and maneuvering wheelchairs on and off the vehicle.
- Follows mandated child restraint device procedures as applicable, ensuring passengers are properly positioned and restrained (Car seats, boosters, seat belts).
- Positions self on van in a location which allows for observation and assistance to all students.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of passengers being transported to and from various locations.
- Assures that no passenger is left unsupervised on a vehicle.
- Assists in maintaining the interior cleanliness of the vehicle.
- In the event of an accident or emergency, facilitates the safe evacuation of passengers.
- Assists the driver when backing the vehicle.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the assigned route and assist substitute drivers with the route.
- Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Comply with company guidelines.
- Perform all job functions in a professional and reliable manner.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Demands of the Job:
- Able to work in all types of conditions i.e., day, darkness, rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Works alone, with, and around others.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, walking up and down stairs.
- Hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly.
- Use hands, fingers, and feet.
- Competent reading and legible writing.
- Analyzing, problem solving, using good judgement and decision-making.
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time and full-time hours
- Flexible schedules
- No weekends, holidays and major holidays
- Average 3-6 students per vehicle
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- $12 - $14 per hour
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for retention and employee referral bonuses
This is a non-management position