Assisted Transportation provides specialized transportation operating minivans, full-size vans, and shuttle buses. Our Student division works with school districts to transport students, including students with special needs, to and from school, career training, and educational enrichment programs throughout the day. The safety of the students, our drivers, and the general public is our number one priority.
Most drivers start their day around 6:30-7:30 AM and can work up to 8+ hours per straight shift and 5+ hours per split shift. Full-time and part-time schedules available, with flexibility.
Our air conditioned vehicles are equipped with GPS technology, security cameras and communication devices connecting the driver and dispatcher. We own and provide the vehicle, and pay for maintenance and fuel.
- Liberty, MO (Liberty School District)
- North Kansas City, MO (North Kansas City School District)
- Southern Platte County, (Parkhill School School District)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence. CDL not required unless you are driving a yellow bus.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record as evidenced on MVR
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Drug Screening
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Physical Exam
- Must be able to pass a company-sponsored Criminal Background Check
- Comply with company operating procedures relating to driver safety and training
- Transport students to and from various appointments and other outings as needed
- Assist students to and from the vehicle
- Assist students in and out of the vehicle
- Safely load, unload, and secure students
- Escort students, if required, to their destination location
- Communicate with Dispatchers regarding location and status as required
- Report any vehicle maintenance issues immediately
- Complete Incident Reports as needed
- Complete a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle
- Complete Daily Driving Logs and other reports as needed
- Maintain vehicle by keeping it clean and fueled
- Comply with company dress code and other policies and procedures
- Observe and comply with traffic regulations
- Perform all job functions in a professional and reliable manner
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Provide a valuable service to the community
- Part-time and full-time hours
- Flexible schedules
- No weekends, evenings, and major holidays
- Average 3-6 students per vehicle
- Paid training
- Weekly pay
- $14.30 - $16.30 per hour
- Opportunities for retention and employee referral bonuses
- Able to work in all types of conditions i.e., day, darkness, rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Works alone, with, and around others
- Minimal lifting, walking and stepping up and down into/from a van
- Hearing, listening, seeing, and speaking clearly
- Use hands, fingers, and feet
- Competent reading and legible writing
- Analyzing, problem solving, using good judgement and decision-making
Assisted Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Retirees and Minorities are encouraged to apply.