March LLC/Assisted Transportation is hiring a corporate Accounting Manager in our Topeka headquarters. This is an exciting new role open due to company growth. We are looking for a team-oriented accounting professional to handle general accounting duties, including managing overall accounting operations, and month, quarter and year end close process. You’ll be part of the corporate team that supports our multi-state contracted student and medical transportation operations. Our corporate team supports our frontline employees who safely and reliably transport thousands of passengers each day in Kansas and Missouri. Come join the Assisted team to support the mission of providing access to education and medical care for families in our local communities! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, team-based work environment and with our accelerating growth you’ll have many career opportunities ahead!
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: 100K to 115K based on experience
Year End Bonus Potential
Comprehensive Benefits Plans including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, EAP & Company Matched 401K
Accounting Manager Job Summary
The Accounting Manager reports to the VP Finance and has primary responsibilities that include managing the monthly, quarterly, and annual preparation, analysis and issuance of financial statements to the company’s leadership team, equity sponsors, and other stakeholders.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Company’s accounting operations, including aggregation and reconciliation of all revenue generating and spending activities of the March, LLC operating units. You will have frequent interface with key operational personnel, customers, and vendors to gather the data and information to build the necessary datasets, conduct analysis and issue periodic reporting.
You will be responsible for hiring, development and leadership of the company’s accounting team members and creating an engaging work environment for your team that promotes retention.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the accounting operations of the company including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Manage and review month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes, with a focus on accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all financial records.
- Prepare journal entries and relevant supporting documentation in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain accurate accounting for the company’s fixed assets and leases.
- Liaise with regional payroll operations to ensure accuracy and appropriate controls are in place throughout the entire process.
- Understand and manage regional accounting operations to meet accounting policies and procedures for the company.
- Provide analysis of financial data and prepare financial statements and internal management reports.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Identify and recommend improvements to accounting procedures and systems.
- Manage and train accounting team members and ensure their work is accurate and timely.
- Support development of the regional operating company's budgets, forecasts, and financial projections.
- Provide support to the Corporate accounting team to support periodic and annual financial audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree with an accounting major is required. MBA or CPA are a plus.
- Seven years of accounting experience preparing or auditing financial statements and analyzing functional components.
- Must have experience managing/leading a team.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in auditing or a corporate accounting environment.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge/understanding of U.S. GAAP and SALT tax regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting software – Sage preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent financial and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced capability in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt / flex to changing demands and business needs/requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative team environment.
Location and Working Conditions
Position is based at the March, LLC Topeka, KS finance office.
Ability to engage in occasional regional and overnight travel to company operational or stakeholder and sponsor locations for meetings, events and data gathering.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
This is a management position
Visit Careers at Assisted Transportation