Join our team as a Laundry Attendant for Solage. The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the laundering, sorting, pressing, and folding of all hotel linens, robes, and towels.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Sort all soiled linen, weigh and load into appropriate carts.
- Load articles into washers and dryers according to recommended capacities and add specific amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
- Sanitize laundry and bins after each use.
- Sort and separate damaged or stained linen to be repaired or used as rags.
- Place clean, wet articles into driers for measured time cycles.
- Sort dried articles according to identification number or type. Fold and place item in appropriate storage bin.
- Load, unload and operate driers.
- Monitor and control supplies, minimizing waste within the laundry facility.
- Daily clean and maintain equipment and machinery. Perform all Preventative maintenance required or contact supervisor and/or maintenance department.
- Manage for the company all linens, terry, and other materials in a manner that properly cleans, extends the life, and ensures the product being used by the guest. Mend torn articles using needle and thread.
- Perform all folding of terry and linen.
- Clean lint traps from ironer and dryers daily and check and clean drains as needed.
- Ensure properly trained in use and handling of chemicals, Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure work areas are left clean and organized.
- Execute all work processes safely. Observe all safety procedures and operate machinery always in keeping with safety and OSHA requirements.
- Assist Housekeeping in the cleaning of Guest Rooms and Public Areas when needed.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
- Must have basic knowledge of general laundering and use of laundry supplies and equipment.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail and on time.
- Environmental conditions are inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 150 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Hearing requirement: Periodic need to speak on radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment: industrial washers and dryers and ironing machine. Pushing and pulling are frequent requirements when loading and unloading machines.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Moderate to loud acoustic conditions due to machinery.
The starting pay rate for this position is $20.00 per hour. This is the pay rate for this position that Solage reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual pay will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position