Join our team as a Spa Coordinator for Solage, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by acting as Ambassador to the ENRICH culture of Spa Solage and to the service standards of Spa Solage. The Spa Coordinator is responsible for scheduling and promoting spa services on the phone and in person. The Spa Coordinator provides information about our menu and spa facility to enhance the guests experience and promote Solage Calistoga. The spa coordinator supports all aspects of retail and compiles statistical information as needed and requested.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Welcome guests and Club Solage members to Spa Solage ensuring a positive arrival experience.
- Schedule spa services using Book4Time and follow all procedures as outlined in the Spa Coordinator training manual.
- Explain and promote all spa facilities, services and activities in a positive manner
- Follow all protocols and procedures in alignment with Spa Coordinator training
- Detect and prevent any problems with spa scheduling. Review following day’s appointment schedule.
- Reconcile treatment and billing discrepancies which occur during shift.
- Follow-up with Wellness Director of Spa and Spa Manager on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by Solage Calistoga guests and team members.
- Address complaints and resolve guest problems in the absence of management.
- Support all aspects of retail including guest assistance, product education, suggestive up-selling, monthly inventory, receiving, pricing and display of merchandise.
- Compile statistical information as needed and requested.
- Continually strive to improve the procedures at the spa coordinator desk.
- Maintain helpful, cooperative relations with fellow team members.
- Maintain standard of excellence in professional image and service.
- Monitor all front desk supplies and equipment and advise appropriate personnel if stock is low.
- Attend all spa meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to ascertain guests needs, promote positive relations, and turn spa appointment inquiries into confirmed bookings.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information
- Aptitude for math and ability to process cash and bill for transactions.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills
- Professional appearance & demeanor
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team and work independently.
- Ability to maintain concentration, think clearly and follow through with requests and interdepartmental communication.
- Ability to make decisions and be solution oriented and create a positive outcome from a challenging situation.
- Ability to multitask and handle a large volume of phone calls simultaneously.
- Ability to focus attention on details and process spa reservation requests efficiently
- Two years of experience in customer service related fields, preferably in a spa environment.
- Two years of experience in product or apparel sales, and ability to upsell.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel. Spa Book4Time software skills strongly desired.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Knowledge of Book4Time
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors and business trends.
- Knowledge of the spa industry, treatments, and modalities.
- Spa experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- College coursework in business, communications or hospitality.
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in a spa environment.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Spa & Wellness
This is a non-management position
This is a ft-year round/ tiempo completo- todo el año position