***This is a remote role during Covid-10***
(add)ventures is a multidisciplinary brand culture and communications firm. With offices in Miami, New York and East Providence, (add)ventures has been exceeding the branding goals of industry leading client partners for more than 25 years. Our offices specialize in disciplines including insights & analytics, video & animation, digital services, marketing, content creation and design. Our team is NICE – we’re nurturers with intelligence, character and energy. We solve problems, we make people happy, we love what we do and we love who we do it with.
- Identify the right user-centered discovery and design tasks, processes and techniques to achieve successful end results
- Guide clients through the visioning and requirements-gathering process though meeting and workshops
- Conduct digital competitive landscape analysis
- Analyze and interpret site analytics and define opportunities for improvement
- Lead all stages of user research and design prototyping to validate and test ideas
- Iteratively create conceptual models, taxonomies, task flows/user flows, site maps, wireframes and functional specifications
- Design intuitive, easy-to-use experiences through thoughtful, responsible design
- Lead collaborative meetings with project team members (project managers, other user experience designers, researchers, developers, quality assurance) to sketch concepts, uncover technical constraints and refine designs
- Advocate for users based on their needs and an understanding of human capabilities and limitations
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Psychology, Industrial Design or Interaction Design or related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience of design for web, mobile or other interactive media
- Minimum of 5 years of user research and design prototyping
- A current online portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles and interactive experiences, showcasing your ability to apply human-centered design to a variety of challenges
- Proficient with flow-charting and wireframing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, and/or Sketch
- Multi-tasker with excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to move projects forward, be proactive and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with ADA WCAG 2.0 AA compliance guidelines a plus.
- Ability to create prototypes and conduct usability testing is a plus
- Knowledge of latest design and development techniques including Design Thinking, Lean UX and Agile Development is a plus
- Embraces the firm's culture and contributes to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace
- During Covid-19, this role is fully remote. Post COVID-19, we are open to discussions about flexible work from home/office arrangements
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs