The Virtual Production VFX Supervisor will be responsible for the visual development and optimization of assets to work within a virtual production environment and to guide the teams' workflow and priorities. Our Virtual Production VFX Supervisor must be an expert with a keen eye for detail that will leverage strong interpersonal skills to build upon and strengthen client relationships and manage client expectations.
- Managing projects and coordinating the CG output and quality control from initial conception to completion.
- Clear understanding of Modeling, Lighting, Animation and FX departments.
- Work closely with the creative and production teams to develop and interpret the creative vision and advise on the best use of virtual production technology for production.
- Proactively anticipate workflow, technology and staffing issues, and present solutions to management with sufficient time for action to be taken.
- Responsible for continually developing and improving virtual production workflow, evaluating new technology and leading the virtual studio technical team, including Unreal Engine developers and operators.
- Responsible for the CG Post Production process, creatively leading the artists throughout the project and ensuring that clear communication occurs between the artists and client.
- Create VFX Breakdowns, including estimated shot count and suggested methodology.
- Partner with production management to ensure department resources are balanced across all projects.
- At least 10+ years of CG post-production experience serving as a CG Supervisor or previous VFX Supervisor experience.
- Expertise in VR/AR, MR, XR, Photogrammetry, Machine Learning, Real-time engines. Strong and exceptional understanding of Directing, Lighting, Camera Work, Practical Effects, Gripping, Modeling, Lighting, Animation and FX.
- A creative eye and aesthetic judgment knowing composition, cinematic design and animation timing.
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 5, Unreal Engine, Blueprint, Cinema 4D, Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max and Houdini.
- A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline.
- Proven experience with in-house and on-set VFX Supervision.
- In-depth understanding of strategies for shooting plates that enable the successful integration of CG elements.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines, often under pressure.
- Excellent communication, organization skills and financial and budget management skills.
- A leader with strong motivational qualities, technically and creatively astute.
- Highly organized.
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
We are open to a flexible, hybrid office / work from home arrangement.
(add)ventures is a mask-friendly workplace. We encourage COVID and flu vaccinations and boosters. And, we strongly recommend anyone who feels unwell to stay home to ensure a safer in-office environment for everyone.(add)ventures is a multidisciplinary brand, culture and communications firm. With offices in Miami, New York, Chicago and East Providence, (add)ventures have been exceeding the branding goals of industry leading client partners for more than 25 years. We provide the following strategic and creative services: marketing, insights & analytics, design, video & animation, digital services and content creation. Our team is NICE – we're nurturers with intelligence, character and energy. We solve problems, we make people happy, we love what we do and we love who we do it with.
Sorry, no relocation or visa sponsorship available. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs