Unreal Engine Artist - Contract
The Unreal Engine Artist - contract will be responsible for creating and optimizing assets to work within Unreal Engine for Virtual Production (virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots) and throughout the VFX pipeline. Our Unreal Engine Artist - contract balances the aesthetics and technical requirements of assets within Unreal Engine, creating fantastic immersive worlds and quickly realizing ideas/concepts/generating cinematic content that matches the highest standards of current film VFX.
- Creative extensive landscapes in Unreal Engine (terrain sculpting, manual layout placement, procedural scattering, lighting)
- Experience building with Blueprint
- Asset creation for real-time rendering
- Look development within Unreal Engine
- Optimizing Virtual Sets / Rebuilding Assets for real-time rendering
- Must be able to work on all aspects of a 3D scene – including but not limited to the model setup, materials, lighting, and particles
- Embrace the firm’s culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace
- B.A in Film, Television, Computer Arts or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of post-production experience at a film/video production company, digital marketing, or advertising agency
- Previous experience in the creation of high-end assets for AAA games/cinematic sequences using Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of layout, shot composition and photography
- Knowledge of modeling, sculpting, texturing, shading, lighting
- Expertise in Unreal Engine
- Expertise in either Cinema 4D, Maya, and/or Autodesk 3ds Max
- Familiarity with a traditional CGI pipeline (Renderman, Arnold, Vray)
- Attention to detail, comfortable with composition, color and other artistic theories
- Experience in Virtual Reality(VR) and Augmented Reality(AR) software or applications for various devices
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Understanding of animation within Unreal Engine - Sequencer/Animation Blueprints/Editor
- Knowledge of Blueprint and/or Houdini
- Knowledge of Mudbox or Zbrush
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python
- Knowledge of Mari/Substance3d (Painter, Designer, Alchemist)
We’re thought-leaders and can-doers with a penchant for brand storytelling and human experiences. Our main offices in East Providence and Miami specialize in disciplines including video & animation, insights & analytics, digital services, marketing and more. Our crew is NICE – we’re humbly confident; we’re proud of what we do and where we come from.
This is a hybrid role, with at least 3 days per week onsite in our East Providence office.
(add)ventures is a mask-friendly workplace. We encourage COVID and flu vaccinations and boosters. And, we strongly recommend anyone who feels unwell to stay home to ensure a safer in-office environment for everyone.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
This is a contract position. Sorry – no relocation or visa sponsorship available.
This is a non-management position
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs