Position Title: Bask Server
Location: Aspen, CO
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Status, Hourly
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
Update date: 1/1/2023
Pay Range: $10.63/hr plus tips
Join our team as a Bartender at Hotel Jerome, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring guest satisfaction through making and serving beverages and serving food while providing excellent service.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assisting guests in beverage and drink preparation, servicing of the bar area and the restaurant in an efficient and timely manner
- Relate with guests about needs, satisfaction with the beverage and drinks, ensuring a consistently caring and high-quality service
- Be knowledgeable about the drink offerings mentioned in the menu as well as all standard drinks to assist guest in choosing their beverage based on likes/dislikes
- Comply with Hotel Jerome / Forbes standards within the Bar and Restaurant outlets.
- Contribute to improving the F&B sales revenues by being knowledgeable about drinks, cocktails, spirits, and other menu items, specials, and prices
- Accurately and quickly, take and place orders and input them into the Micros system ensuring correct timing and billing
- Prepare the guest check accurately and collect payment or signature, as required
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all bar equipment and fittings
- Ensure that the bar is well-stocked at all times
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food-handling skills and food safety guidelines
- One to three years of experience as a Bartender
- Prior experience in a luxury setting is a plus
- 18 years of age or older
Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Hotel Jerome has been the social hub of Aspen since its opening in 1889 at the height of the town’s silver boom, known as the place where all great stories were born and are told. As the only Aspen hotel to survive the silver crash, the long pre-ski-resort winters, and the Depression, we’ve seen cowboys ride through our doors, 10th Mountain Division soldiers gather round over pints after training on the slopes, and Hunter S. Thompson holding court during his run for sheriff. You can’t experience Aspen, without experiencing Jerome.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Hotel Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Hotel Jerome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hotel Jerome complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position