At the foot of majestic Aspen Mountain and steps from the heart of town, the Hotel Jerome offers guests an incomparable setting for an ideal getaway whatever the season. A model example of thoughtful historic preservation, our hotel in Aspen elegantly blends the comfort, convenience and understated luxury of today’s finest Aspen boutique hotels with an authentic mountain aesthetic and spirit. World-class dining and spa offerings contribute to a truly elevated and unique experience.
Hotel Jerome is the iconic hotel of the American West and social hub of Aspen: warm, friendly and busting with life and laughter. Charming and full of personality, this is the place where great stories are born and told. Hotel Jerome is rich in history, yet relevant and current with its amenities and furnishings. Charismatic, with a bit of whimsy, friendly and genuine. Hotel Jerome is the sought-out atmosphere for “explorers” of body, mind and spirit.
Aspen’s crown jewel offers the perfect retreat from which to explore the region’s abundant outdoor attractions and world-class dining and shopping. This landmark hotel is renowned among luxury hotels in Aspen for its relaxed elegance, gracious service and authentic mountain spirit. Discover luxurious accommodations, a variety of dining options and the modern amenities of a world-class, luxury boutique hotel in Aspen.
Check guests in/out of resort and provide the highest possible guest service and product.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments and locations;
- All room rates, special packages and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- In-house Group Resume Details (Billing instructions, itinerary, background, etc.)
- Remain up to date on all Guest issues, events on property, VIPs, BEOs via E-mail & Red Book communication
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate with all other hotel departments as necessary.
- Arrange for guests transportation, dinner/activity reservations whenever necessary.
- Maintain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted cash. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Agents are personally responsible for resolving all shortages or overages.
- Review arrivals 1 week in advance and daily to be familiar with all VIP guests, special requirements and potential problems.
- Ensure all rooms are hard blocked, fixed charges are added daily, and guest requests are met.
- Communicate all special requests to the appropriate departments
- If any requests cannot be met, proactively call guest prior to arrival to resolve all issues
- Maintain detailed notes in a notebook throughout the day of all guest requests and important information.
- Meet with arriving/departing shift member to relay these details and ensure proper follow through.
- Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift. Communicate shortages to Management.
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, this is “Agent name”
- Always do everything possible to accommodate all requests in a friendly manner. If unable to accommodate guest request always offer alterative options.
- Check Guests in & out of the hotel according to Jerome standards
- Check in: Identify return and first time guests in order to offer appropriate welcome to the hotel. Ensure guests are paid in full for reservation before keys are provided. Collect Credit Cards to place on file for incidental usage. Confirm room accommodation, guest requests, & # of guests in room. Collect & confirm billing address & contact information. Offer guests choice of newspaper preference. Obtain guest signature & initials on registration card.
- Check out: Confirm method of payment when closing out guest accounts. Inquire about hotel stay making any notes on reservation regarding issues or preferences. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise or adjust bill to compensate issues. Thank guest for staying with us and invite to return.
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room unless declined.
- Identify and resolve all Non-zero (open folio) guest accounts. If unable to resolve communicate to appropriate departments.
- Make reservations outside of hours, perform walk -ins, perform up sells whenever possible
- Maintain knowledge of all promotions, packages
- Maintain working knowledge of all Jerome Sundry Apparel Program and assist guests when requested
- Continuously update guest profiles to note preferences, issues, birthdays, etc.
- Accommodate room changes expediently.
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction. Communicate all of the above to management to ensure communication to all necessary departments.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel.
- Clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar, with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Use guest's name effectively as a signal of recognition, but discreetly.
- Closes interactions with final appreciative or anticipatory remarks
- Provide legible written communication.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Input and retrieve computer data.
- Understand guest problems and find solutions.
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties.
- Promote positive relations with guests and staff.
- Remain calm, courteous and helpful.
- Think clearly and quickly.
- Prioritize, organize and follow-up.
- Ensure completion of all other duties as assigned/delegated by management.
- Guest Services experience required, 4-5 Star resort experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn
- Cash handling, extensive computer experience
- Most tasks are performed indoors.
- Temperature is usually moderate.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time or sit if working the PBX station.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
Department: Front Office
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs