Full-Time Field Safety Advisor - Upper Peninsula, MI
The Amerisafe Group is a national, full-service, Safety Consulting, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene and Confined Space Rescue company. We are currently seeking a Field Safety Advisor based out of the Greensburg, PA office.
Interested Local Safety Professionals should apply:
(Please Note: Travel Consultants are also being considered)
Hours: 6 to 7 days a week, hours TBD, approx. 26 day outage (opportunity for 2nd outage in March)
Project Duration: January 2023
Responsibilities vary by project site, but in general:
- Deliver safety training to employees.
- Provide risk assessments and training to reduce risk.
- Make safety observations and identify potential OSHA violations and safety hazards, unsafe behaviors and document mitigation recommendations.
- Present safety information to employees and management.
- Communicate with external resources such as hospitals, local fire departments, and rescue teams so that the proper emergency personnel are available.
- Review incidents and reports and document them using the proper forms and protocols.
- Understand the use and need for various safety devices and protective equipment.
- Lead workshops and interventions to improve safety behaviors and equipment usage.
- Inspect machinery and safety equipment to ensure their proper operation and workers' protection.
- Develop client relationships and look for new business opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in an EH&S related field.
- Three (considering 1+) years’ experience managing occupational health and safety programs.
- Engaged, Confident, and Motivated Safety Professional.
- Manufacturing /warehouse -- Outage work experience is a plus.
- Experience developing, implementing and leading environmental, health, safety, process safety management, and security programs. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing written policy, addressing safety issues, procedures, inspections, training material, facilitating training sessions, data collection, analysis, interpreting and reporting.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- OSHA 30, GSP, ASP, CSP, or CHST is a plus
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position