Occupational Health Registered Nurse
Amerisafe Group has built a reputation over the years for providing quality safety consulting and occupational health services for clients in almost every industry. Our clients know that whatever their occupational health and safety needs may be, Amerisafe Group is the resource that can provide them with the knowledge & expertise to support occupational health and safety improvements. With our interrelated services of Safety Management, Occupational Health Mobile Testing, and Confined Space Rescue Services, Training and Staffing, our capabilities are unique because of our versatility and industry experience that has become a trademark of Amerisafe Group.
Occupational Health - Registered Nurse
Contract Date: March 2024 - One year contract with possibility of an extended end date
Night Shift W/Rotating Weekends: 7pm-7am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Conduct pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing for all construction workers
- Provide competent emergency and non-emergency medical treatment for onsite injuries and illnesses
- Keep the Safety Manager informed on status of medical services, medical equipment failure, incidents, and unusual problems or conditions
- Conduct regular inspections and tests of medical service facilities and systems
- Enter lab results and data into computer
- Monitor inventory needs for required medical supplies; place orders as required to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Ensure the integrity of the drug screen collection bathroom.
- Ensure all non-disposable instruments requiring sterilization are clean and sterile.
- Calibrate equipment monthly and maintain proper equipment logs.
- Monitor temperature logs daily for variance.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing, interpret the results to guide care.
- Prior Ambulatory and/or Clinical Care Services experience.
- Active Tennessee RN License (or willing to obtain)
- Previous Occupational Health Experience preferred
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Customer service skills.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Knowledge of terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critically evaluate and analyze information in written materials.
- Handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Solve problems by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations preferred
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $38.00 per hour
This is a contract position