Plan, prepare, set up and provide high quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in designated outlets on and off property. Direct, train and supervise performance of Line Cooks. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of all food related work areas and equipment. This position will also be responsible for food ordering, receiving and inventory for the culinary operation.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Line Cook or Rounds Cook in a Fine Dining environment.
- Ability to competently work all stations in kitchen.
- Food handling certificate.
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests and management to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and time lines as they pertain to delivering quality food service to resort guests and owners.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of all facets of an A La Carte kitchen, as well as a Full Service Resort or Hotel kitchen; this includes, but is not limited to proficiency in cooking meat, fish, vegetables, stock and sauce making,intermediate or greater command of butchery, organizing and executing banquets or other private dining functions, basic expediting skills.
High school or equivalent education required.
Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
Related hospitality experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate.
Candidate must have flexible work schedule as well and work holidays.Must meet the minimum age requirements to work in an alcohol and food service operation.
We offer competitive wages, training and career development. Benefit packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement and a great working environment.
About Auberge du Soleil:
Auberge du Soleil is the flagship location of the Auberge Resorts collection. Service is attentive yet unobtrusive, genuine yet poised. Our team members are committed to ensuring that each guest’s stay is perfect. Auberge du Soleil is a member of Relais & Chateaux an international association of 500+ elite independent hotels and restaurants in 60 countries. Founded in France and headquartered in Paris, the association serves as an ambassador for the French "joie de vivre" and the highest culinary standards. As an team member of Auberge du Soleil, you will enjoy not only the stunning beauty of our gorgeous Napa Valley hillside, but also competitive pay, benefits and a challenging, fun working environment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/aubergeresorts
Auberge du Soleil is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts Collection provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts Collection complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs