Aim, LLC is an innovative attendance improvement program that uses a unique blend of mentoring and technology to improve student attendance. Our goal is to instill a sense of hope in our students so that they believe they have what it takes to be successful in school and can get back on track to graduate.
We are currently hiring enthusiastic, positive and passionate individuals who want to help students succeed. Our mentors accomplish this by actively listening, identifying student strengths and providing proper guidance and resources to students so they can achieve their educational and personal goals. We have a fantastic mentoring curriculum, and you’ll be part of a fast-growing team, which makes working for Aim exciting and rewarding.
We offer a flexible schedule – our mentors work from home and contact students by phone and via text messaging. And we’ll need your commitment as well. Our student mentoring takes place in the evenings when students are home from school and after-school activities. Be prepared to mentor three (3) nights per week—your choice of days per week (Sunday through Thursday) for two (2) hours per night (6:00-8:00 p.m. or 7:00-9:00 p.m.).
Requirements of our mentors:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent mentoring experience
- Excellent relational and verbal communication skills
- Creativity in asking open ended questions and exploring deeper into conversations to uncover student concerns and root causes of absenteeism
- Ability to work by phone after school and in the evenings
- Possess a good sense of humor and a strong desire to work with diverse students
- Reliable internet and phone access required
- Leadership or previous mentoring experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required
- Actively listen to students without judgment to understand issues contributing to absenteeism
- Help identify what is holding students back from good classroom attendance
- Help students build self-esteem and confidence (discuss and help set goals)
- Offer stability and positive reinforcement in the students’ lives
- Build strong rapport and trust with students and parents
- and much more that we’ll discuss if you join our team
$10 per hour; $12 per hour for bilingual (English/Spanish) mentors
We work with a passion for supporting our students and inspire a culture of trust, transparency, and teamwork. If this sounds like your kind of place to work, apply today!
Aim, LLC is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. www.tryaim.com
This is a part time position