Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Houseperson for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by maintaining cleanliness and order in the hotel, working closely with the housekeeping team so that laundry and other departmental items are always promptly replenished and guests have a seamless experience.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ability to understand linen closet inventories, restack linen closets every day with all the items that room attendants need. In accordance with Bishop’s Lodge / Forbes standards.
- To carry out extra duties, including deep cleaning, etc as notified each day.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting linen and supplies to closets for housekeeping, and using proper equipment, everything should be nicely arranged.
- Ability to return dirty linen and room service items to a proper storage area
- Capability to lift / and or move heavy objects. To include but not limited to soiled linen, clean linen, cases of guest supplies, magazines, store all delivered items into the proper storage area
- Assist housekeeping staff with laundry removal and departmental offices refills
- Provide assistance to other hotel departments to contribute to the best overall performance
- Perform quality cleaning to meet required standards within set time limits
- Notify the Department / Rooms Management Team about any maintenance, malfunctioning equipment, supplies needed, or damage within the area of work
Skills and Abilities
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
- One-year experience as a Housekeeper/Houseperson
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a exempt position