Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as a Night Auditor for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring the nightly tasks are completed, including billing and running reports to ensure everything from that business day is closed properly. While also taking care of any guest needs that may arise overnight.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Respond promptly and tactfully to any Guest complaint that may arise
- Ensure correct billing arrangements are provided according to Front Desk policies and procedures
- Make sure that any irregularities and discrepancies are recorded on the departmental logbook and brought to the attention of the MOD and/or Director of Operations.
- Act as an ambassador of the hotel by providing Guests any reservation, information, amenities, area attractions, spa, and dining booking, as needed.
- Organize and maintain the Front Desk counter, ensuring that all materials and supplies are readily available and accessible to expedite smooth departmental out procedures.
- Familiar with all Bishop’s Lodge facilities so to be able to address, assist and actively sell services to guests
- Ensure all aspects of hotel accounting for all areas of hotel operations are processed correctly and accurately recorded, protecting the brand and asset against liability and fraud
- Audit, balance, post, and report on the front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets’ cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management
- Provide rooms management with a clear picture of their performance using the data gathered
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance.
- Know how to operate PMS and other front office equipment
- Must maintain excellent relationships within the Front Office Department and must familiarize oneself with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Night Auditor
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a ft-year round/ tiempo completo- todo el año position