Our Company & Our Property
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as the Lead Host at SkyFire for Bishop's Lodge, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by setting the tone for the environment in which the guests are entering and are responsible for conveying our appreciation for the guest’s patronage upon departure.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Be able to provide a warm, genuine, and comfortable experience for all guests in our restaurants and hotel.
- Create positive relationships with guests and residents.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
- Set up host/hostess station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times including foyer and coat closet. Report any shortages to management.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available.
- Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area ensuring that all standards are met, rectify any deficiencies, and maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Accurately take, record, and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations according to hotel standards.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend congeniality in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system and manual system procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Great communication skills
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- A minimum of one-year experience in the foodservice/hospitality industry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- Hospitality Certificate or Degree
- Good knowledge of food and wine
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food & Beverage/Alimentos y Bebidas
This is a non-management position
This is a exempt position