Serve as the responsible link between the business and drivers. Creatively and consistently solves problems to ensure drivers are treated fairly and with respect. Ensure safe operation while enabling drivers to meet and/or exceed customer and company expectations.
* Review planned loads daily to ensure driver home time requests are honored.
* Communicate load information to drivers.
* Track load progress and adjust any scheduling details in the system. Communicate changes to CSR and Planner if changes affect future plans.
* Track driver Hours of Service.
* Assist drivers with accommodations, repairs, and other situations that arise.
* Coordinate with Maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained through a preventative maintenance schedule.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school graduation or equivalent required
* Detail oriented with demonstrated communication skills
* Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and professionalism
* Experience with transportation industry preferred
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office applications
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs