The Safety Director is the primary interface between terminals, departments and drivers. Oversee workflow and continue training of department personnel. Responsible for the day to day overall functions of the department. Lead involvement for the daily operation of the department including Federal, State and Local compliance rulings. The Safety Director will work closely with VP-Safety on projects and goals.
- Manage & Maintain good work balance within Dept.
- Drug & Alcohol Collection
- Daily Truck Count
- Roadside Inspections – with violations verification of accuracy
- Accidents/Claims including Auto, liability, personal injury and freight.
- Compliance of Company and Owner Operators equipment
- Title work, w-9, 2290, Insurance, etc.
- Prepare and execute Contract with Owner-Operators
- Update & Maintain equipment information in McLeod
- Add drivers to various Website
- Maintain accuracy in McLeod operating system
- Passenger authorizations
- State Permits – Order, Cancel, Change – maintain accuracy with States and McLeod
- Other assigned duties.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs