This position will administer employee benefits and perform general human resource functions to support the Director of Human Resources and be a point of contact for employees seeking human resource assistance.
- Administer employee benefits program including enrollments, problem solving, and being the contact for employee questions/information.
- Manage Family Medical Leave. Send and receive all documentation. Communicate with employees, managers, payroll. Track employee leave.
- Perform employment verification forms. Manage employee garnishments and support orders. Track unemployment insurance claims, ensuring proper documentation is provided, deadlines satisfied, and appeals addressed.
- Participate in new employee onboarding, including obtaining relevant information, verifying all forms are completed, and coordinating new employee orientation.
- Ensure human resources files and records are maintained in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Create and manage position descriptions across multiple divisions. Work with managers and subject matter experts to document essential functions
- Perform miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree; additional related education preferred
- 2-4 years related HR and benefits administration experience
- Experience with payroll and benefits systems; ADP Workforce Now and/or Liazon preferred
- Basic knowledge of human resources functions including reporting and record keeping
- Experience administering employee benefits and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Customer service attitude while maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and computer operation
- Accurate and attentive to detail with high degree of organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs