This position will use data mining tools to extract data, analyze data, and assist in writing procedures to improve data input. Due to this position falling under Fleet Services, this position will assist with the managing trailer assets and coordinating Building Services. This position will assist in the development of purchasing processes for the organization.
- Improve Dossier Data. Analysis current data looking at input information and develop input improvements that will result in output improvements. The objective is to create better data to drive better decision making and implement maintenance cost improvement initiatives.
- This position will assume responsibility for trailer asset management. Work with operations to identify opportunities to improve processes thereby improving our data. Objective is to be able to locate all trailers, identify inactive trailers, and move them for better utilization. Overall improvement in trailer utilization by 50%.
- Assist with tractor asset management. Will assist Power Assets Coordinator with reviewing, assigning tractors to incoming drivers, and work with the shops to prepare the units. Develop the knowledge to be able to fill in when necessary due to time off.
- Provide billing details to customers for trailer usage and detentions.
- Purchasing related tasks: create purchase orders, place orders with vendors, track deliveries/receiving documents, work with AP on invoices.
- Building Services tanks: coordinate building related services such as janitorial, linen/uniform services, minor repair and maintenance related items.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Prior experience with fleet or inventory management. Transportation
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Access a plus.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to talk to employees at various levels of
- Purchasing experience is a plus
- Driver’s license required.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs