The CDL Driver Recruiter’s primary purpose is to attract, pre-qualify and hire the highest caliber
DOT- qualified drivers that meet or exceed Buchanan’s hiring standards and satisfy our
1. Communicate with potential driver candidates and provide all information to them
regarding lanes, equipment, pay, benefits, etc.
2. Review applications submitted by driver candidates to establish prequalification to
3. Coordinate with safety regarding qualifications, scheduling, driver qualifications,
Owner/Operator vehicle information and any other information required by the safety
4. Make calls to driver candidates, man booth’s at driver recruiting events and assist driver
candidates with online applications.
5. Assist the safety department with orientation.
6. Advertise driver positions in local papers, radio and online job hiring websites.
7. Provide required reports to the recruiting manager.
8. Assist in hiring of office/clerical staff.
9. Some travel required (Mostly local supporting job events)
10. Other assigned duties.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs