The Safety Coordinator for Buchanan Hauling & Rigging is the primary interface between our drivers and the safety department. Coordination with the drivers must happen often to ensure that Buchanan continues to meet the high safety standard that we have set. This is an entry level position.
Standard hours will be 8a-5p EST with rotating weekend coverage when training is complete.
- Equipment Inspections: Computer, system maintained, communication with driving fleet and operation personnel
- Driver Qualifications: Pre-employment, Monthly, Resignation
- Contracts: New Independent Contractors
- Insurance: New Independent Contractors
- State Registrations/ Permits: Order, distribute and maintain compliance with various states
- Accidents / Incidents: Investigation, Obtain and maintain confidential information, software maintained
- Claims – Freight: Investigation, Obtain and maintain confidential information, software maintained
- Electronic Logging Devices: Maintain system information, troubleshooting, training of driving fleet
- Drivers Daily Logs: Maintain system information, audit, Training of driving fleet
- Drug and Alcohol: compliance, verifications, training
- Terminations: Equipment and driver: contracts, computer software, websites
- Plates on equipment: IRP, Weights, Maintain Computer software
- Supplies: PPE, paperwork, Driver, Truck, Independent Contractor
- Other assigned duties
COMPETENCIES DESIRED (NICE TO HAVE)
- In-Cab Technology experience
- DOT knowledge
- OSHA knowledge
- 1-3 years in the trucking industry preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs