The purpose of this position is to instill the Buchanan Safety Culture by ensuring successful implementation and compliance with company safety programs, policies and regulations. This will include training drivers and support personnel, inspection of equipment, load securement, and accident investigation.
- Develop and conduct training for drivers and non-driving staff on necessary aspects of:
- Federal and state transportation regulations;
- Buchanan safety policies/practices;
- Proper load securement;
- Documentation and route preparation/review (permits, measurements, etc.).
- Develop and conduct training for drivers and non-driving staff on accident prevention, reporting procedures, and investigation.
- Conduct documentation and training audits. Ensure corrective action is taken to remedy deficiencies/findings.
- Conduct random site visits to ensure compliance with customer, Buchanan and FMCSA regulations
- Coach employees on safety in transportation best practices.
- Conduct recurring safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Knowledge of federal and state Department Of Transportation (DOT) Motor Carrier regulations
- Knowledge of federal and state Occupational Safety & Health Administration regulations
- Experience developing / conducting training programs
- Smith System trainer certification, preferred
- Current Homeland Security TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials), preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- FMCSA Reasonable Suspicion training/certificate, preferred
- Experience with Loading/Unloading of Heavy Equipment
- Experience with the proper securement of Heavy Equipment
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs