As a driver manager you are the responsible link between the business, drivers and customers. You are the problem solver that must come up with creative solutions to complex problems. With safety being paramount, you will handle calls from drivers and ensure that customer expectations are exceeded and company objectives are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with planner and CSR’s to ensure drivers are preplanned.
- Dispatch drivers as planned.
- Ensure drivers meet DOT regulations and operate safely.
- Assist in maintaining equipment with shop management.
- Maintain driver revenue guidelines.
- Work with drivers to maximize revenue while balancing home time requirements.
- Follow “Daily Driver Manager Checklist.”
- Weekend rotation coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in driver management or dispatch background.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage people in a professional manner.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs