Responsible for the day to day training of the Cargo Securement Academy, as one of the trainers and evaluator for the academy. The academy provides training on Coils, steel beams, barges, equipment, pallet loads, etc. using a variety of securement tools such as chains, straps, padding, tarping, etc
The purpose of this position is to train new and existing drivers on the over the road safety and compliance practices and comprehensive cargo securement methods & procedures.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the creation and maintaining the cargo securement academy curriculum.
- Scheduling and managing trainees into the academy.
- Providing hands on training for all aspects of the academy.
- Evaluating students.
- Evaluating Buchanan loads and drivers on proper securement procedures by spot checking loads driver pictures of loads.
- Providing refresher training for Buchanan drivers that need remedial training.
- Assisting with the growth of the academy into a full-time training environment to include Heavy Haul curriculum.
- Participating on Safety Committee.
- Other assigned duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain training programs
- Excellent computer skills (Powerpoint and Word)
- Background in open deck hauling and securement
- Lift 50lbs and pass Buchanan’s Physical Assessment
- Ability to work in all types of weather. Training occurs outside 12 months per year
- Background as an instructor or trainer
- Forklift training
- Coil and heavy equipment cargo hauling
Required industry-related experience:
- 3-5 years industry related experience required.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a non-management position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs