The Account Manager works with Operations team to maximize productivity of asset-covered freight. This position will manage and grow the customer base by developing relationships through superior service and pro-active communication. Solicit freight, provide timely quotes, and ensure equipment availability to customers every day is critical. To be successful, the Asset Account Manager must communicate professionally, be a team player and use logistics to handle excess freight. The challenge is to develop a diverse, growth-oriented customer base.
- Stay up to date on market conditions and service requirements to maximize load profitability
- Adhere to all customer procedures and expectations using communication and follow through
- Enter complete and accurate load information into proper systems
- Oversee billing accuracy and internal paperwork procedures
- Always convey safety and quality to the team
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 1-2 years trucking experience required- applicants without will not be considered
- Professional communication via phone and email
- Customer development skills
- Must be a team player in a fast-moving environment
- Must be able to adapt, plan and change quickly
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, McLeod TMS preferred
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs