Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Fort Wayne terminal. Proactively works with team members to assist, direct and coordinate activities of company trucks, owner-operators, and customer freight. Facilitates customer satisfaction with the quality of on-time delivery via diligent review and proactive communication with all parties.
- Manage the Fort Wayne operations to ensure all areas are meeting or exceeding operational goals.
- Lead, develop and educate staff on customer service and operational standards.
- Oversight of driver manager interactions to ensure maximum utilization and revenue production of the fleet. Promote driver retention by providing support, counsel and assistance to drivers, driver managers and other departmental staff.
- Build customer freight relationships to help achieve growth and drive decisions to ensure the relationships are successful. Work with existing and potential customers to promote customer service and develop positive relationships.
- Work with Brokerage Manager and key brokerage personnel to provide support to our brokerage team regarding Buchanan freight and asset utilization.
- Maintain key performance indicators as provided by the Executive Group.
- Other assigned duties.
- 5+ years’ experience in Over the Road transportation management
- Experience with planning, dispatching, driver retention
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, McLeod TMS preferred
- Must be resilient and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs