The Logistics Account Executive is responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. Responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how the business can be beneficial to the customer. Ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. The Logistics Account Executive will spend their time calling on potential and existing customers to grow the business base. Challenge is to increase revenue and maximize profitability.
- Maximize revenue/gross profit opportunities with each customer assigned in CRM.
- Capitalize on opportunities for consistent month over month growth
- Solicit new opportunities from current or new clients to achieve growth, minimum of 60/300/1200 OB calls and CRM activities per day/week/month
- Maintain continual contact (weekly) with all customers assigned in CRM.
- Document contact with customers in CRM.
- Maintain accurate contact list in CRM and notate contacts appropriately so they receive Buchanan correspondence.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with customers transitioned to AM’s as needed, document using the CRM with assignment via Agency Code in LME
- Study and understand the Buchanan sales process (customer procurement process) to fully understand and follow all duties assigned.
- Coordinate rating with customer and Pricing team (when necessary).
- Coordinate timely submission of all RFPs (ultimate responsibility for RFP submission lies with the account manager).
- Coordinate with Contracts, Insurance, Director of Operations, and Pricing all customer onboarding info, including customer contract, insurance certificates, lane awards, etc.
- Maintain account integrity and work with Credit to successfully resolve any payment issues on accounts.
- Ensure accurate rating of all shipments for billing.
- Timely submit credit requests to Credit for new customers.
- Coordinate customer reviews with site director and director of operations, as requested.
- Brokerage Sales and Account Management (1+ years)
- Mode of Transportation (Flat, Van and Specialized – Over-Dimensional)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- CRM Tools (i.e. ACT, Salesforce.com)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- McLeod TMS
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Ability to solicit and close new business
- High energy, persistent, and results driven
- Team player (operates through consensus)
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs