The Account Manager is responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. Responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how the business can be beneficial to the customer. Ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. The Account Manager will spend the majority of their time calling on potential and existing customers in an effort to grow the business base. Challenge is to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
- Brokerage Sales and Account Management (1+ years)
- Mode of Transportation (Flat, Van and Specialized – Over-Dimensional)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- CRM Tools (i.e. ACT, Salesforce.com)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- McLeod TMS
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Ability to solicit and close new business
- High energy, persistent, and results driven
- Team player (operates through consensus)
- No sliding scale on compensation
- Opportunity to advance to a Site Director
- Untapped book of business compared to large brokers
- Benefits: 401(k), Health Insurance, PTO, Holidays, Floating Holidays & Great Family Culture
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs