Responsible for load planning and oversight the Buchanan flatbed fleet. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of company trucks, owner-operators, and customer freight in the flatbed specific side of Buchanan dispatch. Facilitates customer satisfaction with the quality of on-time delivery via diligent review and proactive communication with all parties.
- Plan freight on available assets to ensure safe and efficient movement of customer loads.
- Organize daily dispatching activities to safely honor driver home-time requirements and equipment maintenance needs.
- Adjust plans as conditions change throughout the day.
- Communicate plans and changes with Driver Managers / Customer Service Reps.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent required
- Prior experience as Driver Manager (Dispatcher) or equivalent required
- Detail oriented with demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and professionalism
- Experience with transportation industry preferred
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office applications
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
1-2 Years Trucking Experience REQUIRED (preferably in a planning or dispatch role).
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs