Responsible for the management and growth of the San Antonio terminal. Oversee the day to day operations of the Logistics operations, permit department, fleet operations and the office staff.
- Ensure all personnel adhere to the Buchanan's expectation that safety is the top priority.
- Ensure terminal, staff and fleets are operating efficiently and profitably.
- Assist with recruiting drivers, including company, lease purchase, and/or owner operator.
- Establish & oversee brokerage efforts in the region.
- Build customer freight relationships to help achieve growth and drive decisions to ensure the relationships are successful.
- Initially plan, dispatch, and serve as point of contact for assigned drivers. Promote driver retention by providing support, counsel, and assistance to drivers
- 5 - 10 years’ experience managing terminal operations or equivalent experience.
- Management degree or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
- Previous fleet management experience
- Heavy haul permit handling
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs