This position maintains administrative functions for the Pittsburgh office; auditing paperwork for completion and correctness, assisting drivers while on loads, and serving as liaison between office and Settlement personnel. The Administrative Assistant will also provide assistance with order entry.
- Review all driver paperwork in McLeod before updating for imaging
- Send trip reports to Settlements
- Enter new orders into McLeod
- Manage lodging for drivers, including reservations, invoices and expense reports
- Review accounts payable for errors or overcharges
- Assist with attendance and recordkeeping
- Complete monthly expense reporting for office personnel
- Prior administrative work. Experience in trucking, construction, or similar field preferred
- Proficiency with computers and office equipment
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent, continuing education preferred
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Department: Heavy Haul
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs