At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, our employees are our greatest asset. As a Super Load Permit Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring that we continue the level of service Buchanan is known for. If you’re looking for a great career with a dynamic company, join us at Buchanan.
Pay, Benefits And More.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What You’ll Do On a Typical Day
The Super Load Permit Manager is responsible for the permitted movement of Buchanan's oversized freight. This position also handles route planning, acquiring proper state and local permits, along with the set up of any additional services to move these loads safely and successfully. Help ensure potential delays are minimized while maximizing profits and productivity. Attention to detail, problem solving, and prioritization will help ensure quality service to drivers and customers while meeting company and department expectations, procedures and profit objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computes load size, identifies feasible routes of travel, analyzes timeliness, cost effectiveness, difficulty, and reviews potential concerns. Submits permit applications and verifies info matches approved permits
- Orders permits from state and local agencies online or via email, fax, or phone
- Routes loads and coordinates pertinent information with fleet supervisor, providing special instructions and information to drivers transporting oversize loads, and maintaining department related informational resources
- Contacts state and local agencies for approvals, concerns, procedures and possibilities
- Coordinates time set up and contracts for state patrol, utility trucks, and other services when needed to move the load.
- Serves as liaison between fleet supervisors, drivers, permit services, and state agencies to answer questions, investigate and resolve problems, and ensure permits are efficiently obtained
- Follows department processes and expectations to minimize risk and profit loss
- Continuously seeks to improve department quality and efficiency standards by creating, updating, and/or revising department processes and resources
- Work within company and department budget policies and procedures
- Strive for results and persevere in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High School education and/or Associate's Degree in business or administration preferred
- Excellent map reading ability and knowledge of geography of the United States
- Strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills, manage difficult customer situations, responds promptly to internal and external customer needs to meet company expectations and commitments
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) to accurately interpret information and gain clarification in a professional manner
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts as needed to meet company deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve conflicts in a timely manner
- Ability to perform mathematical equations of adding and subtracting and applying that data to answer questions
- Ability to work as a team member and be self-motivated to achieve results
Buchanan is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make Buchanan a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Department: Heavy Haul
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs