At Buchanan, the purpose of a Tillerman is to work with drivers to secure/release loads and operate remote control steering for multi-part trailers.
- Assist with load securement and removal
- Steer remotely steerable dollies
- Accompany load and assist as needed
- Assist with basic roadside service as needed
- Assist with yard clean-up and shop repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Class A CDL required
- Experience with heavy haul trucking, heavy equipment transportation and/or operation
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office applications
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs