At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, our employees are our greatest asset. As a Logistics Account Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring that we continue the level of service Buchanan is known for. If you’re looking for a great career with a dynamic company, join us at Buchanan.
Pay, Benefits And More.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What You’ll Do On a Typical Day
The Logistics Account Manager is responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. Responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how the business can be beneficial to the customer. Ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. The Logistics Account Manager will spend the majority of their time calling on potential and existing customers in an effort to grow the business base. The challenge is to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
- Maximize revenue/gross profit opportunities with each customer assigned in CRM.
- Maintain continual contact (weekly) with all customers assigned in CRM.
- Document contact with customers in CRM.
- Maintain accurate contact list in CRM and notate contacts appropriately so they receive Buchanan correspondence.
- Study and understand the Buchanan sales process (customer procurement process) to fully understand and follow all duties assigned.
- Coordinate rating with customer and Pricing team (when necessary).
- Coordinate timely submission of all RFPs (ultimate responsibility for RFP submission lies with the account manager).
- Maintain account integrity and work with Credit to successfully resolve any payment issues on accounts.
- Ensure accurate rating of all shipments for billing.
- Timely submit credit requests to Credit for new customers.
- Coordinate customer reviews with site director and director of operations, as requested.
- Mode of Transportation (Flat, Van and Specialized – Over-Dimensional)
- Industry Experience is a must. Applicants without will not be considered.
- Brokerage Sales and Account Management (1+ years)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- CRM Tools (i.e. ACT, Salesforce.com)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- McLeod TMS
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Ability to solicit and close new business
- High energy, persistent and results driven
- Team player (operates through consensus)
- Top pay in the industry
- No sliding scale on compensation
- Exponential growth plans
Be part of something big.
Buchanan is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make Buchanan a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc. is a full service transportation company offering full truckload van and flatbed service, LTL and a logistics division that can help with all of your transportation requirements. In addition to our standard truckload and LTL service we also provide expedite service.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs