At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
You will work an alternate schedule, only working 26 weeks/year, but getting paid for 52! This schedule runs 12 hours/day 7 days on and 7 days off. If you’re looking for a great career with a dynamic company, join us at Buchanan.
Pay, Benefits And More
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and more.
What You’ll Do On a Typical Day
- Selling transportation logistics services to current and new customers.
- Develop relationships and negotiate rates with freight carriers.
- Contact existing and potential customers daily to develop relationships.
- Generate sales opportunities and close sales with customers and carriers.
- Monitor shipments in transit and communicate with the customer and carrier.
- Excellent verbal, written and email communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Multi-Tasking ability.
- Good phone skills.
- Must be resilient and comfortable in a cold calling environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior sales experience desired.
Be part of something big.
Our main office located in Fort Wayne, IN is staffed 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year with well trained transportation professionals on site. In addition to our domestic U.S. service we offer thru service into and out of Mexico and Canada. We have partnered with several high quality Mexican carriers to deliver our loads. If you ship freight into Mexico it will stay on our trailer until it is delivered.
Our equipment includes: Flats, stretch flats, single drop stretch, double drop stretch, multiple axle removable goose necks and 13 axle double drop RGN’s. In addition to our fleet of flat and specialized trailers we also maintain a substantial fleet of van trailers. All of our vans are 53’ air-ride trailers equipped with logistics posts and e-track.
Buchanan Hauling and Rigging, Inc is mid size company (300+ trucks), however, we provide the services normally only offered by much larger companies. We have the technology, equipment and personnel to handle your most rigorous transportation requirements.
Buchanan offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- Team-oriented environment
- Company sponsored events
- 401(k) matching
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health savings account
Buchanan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs