At Buchanan Hauling & Rigging, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, Benefits And More.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What You’ll Do On a Typical Day
The Logistics Account Manager is responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing the business. Responsible for drawing on unique competencies to demonstrate how the business can be beneficial to the customer. Ability to analyze, and create presentations with experience working with customer service, and managing the startup process after the sale. The Logistics Account Manager will spend the majority of their time calling on potential and existing customers in an effort to grow the business base. The challenge is to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
- Maximize revenue/gross profit opportunities with each customer assigned in CRM.
- Maintain continual contact (weekly) with all customers assigned in CRM.
- Document contact with customers in CRM.
- Maintain accurate contact list in CRM and notate contacts appropriately so they receive Buchanan correspondence.
- Study and understand the Buchanan sales process (customer procurement process) to fully understand and follow all duties assigned.
- Coordinate rating with customer and Pricing team (when necessary).
- Coordinate timely submission of all RFPs (ultimate responsibility for RFP submission lies with the account manager).
- Maintain account integrity and work with Credit to successfully resolve any payment issues on accounts.
- Ensure accurate rating of all shipments for billing.
- Timely submit credit requests to Credit for new customers.
- Coordinate customer reviews with site director and director of operations, as requested.
- Mode of Transportation (Flat, Van and Specialized – Over-Dimensional)
- Industry Experience is a must. Applicants without will not be considered.
- Brokerage Sales and Account Management (1+ years)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- CRM Tools (i.e. ACT, Salesforce.com)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- McLeod TMS
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Ability to solicit and close new business
- High energy, persistent and results driven
- Team player (operates through consensus)
- Top pay in the industry
- No sliding scale on compensation
- Exponential growth plans
- Opportunity to advance to Site Director
Be part of something big.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs